Talking with Siri can be fun and all but it can threaten your privacy. In case you don’t know, Apple used contractors to monitor and observe your chit chat with Siri. Your device is saving your conversation with Siri, as well. So, in this article, I’ll show you how to Remove Siri recordings from Apple servers and how to further stop Apple from infiltrating your privacy, though at a cost of voice assistance.
One thing you should know is that your Apple ID has nothing to do with your recordings. It means that if the conversation is saved, it’s saved on your specific Apple device. So, to prevent infiltration you need to follow these guidelines on all your devices.
Note: Make user you’ve updated to iOS 13.2 or later and iPad OS 13.2 or later. As older versions can’t remove your Siri recordings.
So, let’s get to it.
How to Remove Siri Recordings
- Open up Settings on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Head to Siri & Search
3. Tap Siri & Dictation history
4. Tap Delete Siri & Dictation history
5. Confirm to delete all your Siri and Dictation interactions associated with your device from the Apple servers.
You’ll get a prompt that your deletion request is received and your Apple Dictation & Search data will be deleted from Apple servers.
If you want to prevent recording because of your private conversations or if that’s just the way you like it. You can prevent Apple servers to further record your chats. See below:
How to Prevent Future Recordings by turning Siri and Dictation Off
1. Open Settings.
2. Tap Siri & Search.
3. Turn off Listen for ‘Hey Siri’ and also disable Press Home for Siri
4. Tap Turn Off Siri to confirm your request.
5. Go back to the start of Settings, and tap General.
6. Tap Keyboard
7. Disable Enable Dictation
8. Confirm your request by tapping Turn Off Dictation.
Voice assistants like Siri can come handy to do tasks which would normally require unlocking and then further hand gestures to complete your work, and other errands. But, If you are conscious about your privacy and don’t want Apple to record your chat history on their servers. This tutorial might help you with that.